Connect with us

NEWS

‘Why Oyedepo sacked 40 pastors’

Published

on

FRESH facts emerged on Monday, why Bishop David Oyedepo sacked about 40 pastors in the employ of Living Faith Church worldwide in Ekiti State.

Reports on Sunday said Bishop Oyedepo, founder/General Overseer of Living Faith Church also known as Winners Chapel sacked an estimated 40 pastors of the church for not meeting up with the targeted money they were supposed to rake in into the purse of the church.

While online is awash with seating remarks with some advising the aggrieved pastors to approach the Labour Courts and others would take their case to God for adjudication.

For instance, popular media personality, Morayo Afolabi-Brown, has urged the sacked pastors to take their grievances to God.

The TV host made this known on her verified Instagram page @morayobrown on Sunday, following the report on the sacking of pastors at the church.

She wrote, “God is the real MD (Managing Director) of any Bible believing church. If you get ‘sacked’, take your grievances to Him, not the media. Only He can compensate you, not the rabble rousers on social media.”

This came shortly after a certain Pastor Peter Godwin, a pastor at the Winners Chapel, claimed that the church sacked him and about 40 other pastors in Ekiti State for failing to grow their respective parishes.

In a letter that has been trending on social media, which is dated June 25, 2021 and signed by the Executive Secretary of the church, Adebisi Aboluwade, the pastors were asked to evacuate their official accommodations and hand over their identity cards to their respective area pastors.

In a trending video, Pastor Godwin, who claimed to be one of the pastors affected in Ekiti State, said he was employed on August 28, 2020.

He said that he was invited with about 40 of his colleagues by the state pastor on July 1, 2021, but was sacked for failing to grow the income of the church.

The pastor said that, on July 1, he received a call that the state pastor wanted to see him, and that he was amazed to see about 40 other pastors when he arrived.

Godwin said, “When I got there, I saw other pastors too, over 40 of them. So, I joined them.

“A few minutes later, we were [each] issued a letter. I opened the content of the letter to see what was there and I saw that it was a sack letter.

“So, I called the management the next day to find out what happened since I wasn’t involved in any dubious activity or evil act. I was told by the management that the church doesn’t operate at a loss.

“They also told me that the total income that is being generated from my station should be able to cater for my welfare and accommodation, so as a result of low income, I’m hereby dismissed.”

But our source investigation revealed that the pastors sacked were pastoring rural churches which depend so much on the headquarters for funding rather than bringing in money into the church’s purse.

A senior pastor close to the helm of affairs in the church who does not want his name mentioned in press because he has not been authorised to speak, said: “The Living Faith Church had the vision in the year 2019 to open 10,000 rural churches nationwide.

“By the close of the year 2020, over 80 per cent of these cottage churches had been built following a prototype designed and constructed by the church professionals. Then came the human factor.

“Ordinarily, pastoring in Winners Chapel had followed a pattern of training and discipleship since its foundation 40 years ago. However, in view of the massive recruitment to take charge of the new 10,000 churches, many who were neither spiritually nor morally prepared found their way into positions of authority as Pastors-in-charge,” our close source said.

The source added that with good foresight, the church headquarters appointed seasoned pastors as Mission Inspectors to regularly visit, ministers and monitor these rural churches.

“A lot of the inspectors’ reports were damaging with ungodly acts such as abuse of grace, outright deceit, absconding from church while working full-time elsewhere etc.

“Ab initio, rural churches were never intended to be money spinners; rather, they are money guzzlers because the main church solely built, equipped and maintained both the church and its pastors-in- charge,” the pastor said.

He added that the story in circulation about these churches not making sufficient income was therefore patently false and misleading.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

NEWS

NEMA records zero accident on roads in S/East in Eld-el-Kabir — Official

Published

on

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) says it recorded zero accident on roads within South-East during Special Operation Eagle Eyes for the Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

The South-East Coordinator of NEMA, Mr James Eze, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Enugu after debriefing NEMA’s 25-man staff deployed for the operation.

According to Eze, no accident was recorded on major road corridors within the South-East during the period of the operation.

He said: “Although it was herculean covering the four major road corridors during the Eid-el-Kabir celebration and holidays, however, I must commend the resilience of NEMA staff in the zone.

“We recorded no accident on any of the four major expressways we covered during the operation.

“NEMA staff in collaboration with the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) carried out massive education on good road habits to motorists. Motorists really appreciated it,” he said.

The coordinator also lauded motorists for heeding to the call to minimise speed and accommodating other road users during the Eld-el-Kabir holidays.

“With very few exceptions, most motorists displayed high level of responsibility on the major road corridors covered in the five-day period,’’ he said.

Eze also hailed the collaboration of the Agency and FRSC, adding that it was seamless.

“We look forward to greater working synergy with FRSC, other agencies and commissions that deal with safety and response to emergencies.

“Collaboration is the key in order for agencies and commissions to tap from the strength and best practices of each other,’’ he said.

NAN recalls that the Special Operation Eagle Eyes tagged: “Safe Eid-el-Kabir’’ lasted for five days, from July 18, until July 22.

The major roads covered included: Enugu – Abakaliki Road; Enugu – Awka – Onitsha Road; Enugu – 9th Mile – Nsukka – Obollo-Afor Road and Enugu – Umuahia – Aba – Port-Harcourt Road.

The Federal Government through NEMA staged the operation in collaboration with FRSC to ensure hitch-free flow of traffic and Nigerians getting quick emergency response to issues on the major roads.

(NAN)

Continue Reading

NEWS

Investment in education remains a priority – President Buhari

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that his administration’s priority would be improving the quality of education in the country. 

The President disclosed this on Thursday, in his hometown of Daura, in Katsina State, while receiving the proprietress, principal and students of a private school, Premier Pacesetters School, Daura, at his residence. The President gave assurances that more emphasis will be given to the improvement of education. 

What President Buhari said

“We will allocate an increasing share of resources to improve learning in the country in our effort to reform the educational sector,” he said. 

The President emphasized the importance of character, in addition to learning, urging the students not to lose sight of the aspirations of the country.

The school proprietress, Mrs Celine Friday, commended the special attention given to education by the Buhari administration and urged for federal government assistance to private schools in rural communities. 

In case you missed it

  • In the last few years, there have been several cases of kidnappings of school children in the northern part of the country by Boko Haram terrorists and bandits, giving the Federal Government grave concern on measures to take to protect school children in the region.
  • President Buhari has continued to insist that the Federal Government is working hard to bring an end to the school kidnapping trend in Nigeria and urges the Military and the Police to go after the perpetrators of this crime.
Continue Reading

NEWS

Ransomware: Hackers demand $50 million in Crypto from Saudi Aramco

Published

on

Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil firm, has had a data leak in which one terabyte (TB) of the company’s data has been collected by hacks and the hackers are demanding $50 million from Aramco to delete the data, which is now being offered on the dark web for a starting negotiable price of $5 million.

What you should know

Saudi Aramco acknowledged the data leak yesterday according to the Associated Press (AP). They stated that they “recently became aware of the indirect release of a limited amount of company data which was held by third-party contractors.”

The company did not disclose the information of the third-party contractor and they did not confirm whether or not the contractor was hacked or got the information through another source.

“We confirm that the release of data was not due to a breach of our systems, has no impact on our operations and the company continues to maintain a robust cybersecurity posture,” Saudi Aramco added.

The AP also stated that through their investigations and their access to a page on the dark web, they confirm that the amount of data leaked is equivalent to 1 terabyte of data. On the same page, they confirmed that the perpetrators offered Aramco an opportunity to have the data deleted for $50 million in cryptocurrency, while another timer counted down from $5 million, which is likely an effort to pressure the company.

The perpetrators are yet to be unmasked and the Aramco has not shared any other information at this time.

Bottomline

This is not Aramco’s first rodeo with hackers, as the company was a victim of a cyberattack in 2012. The company was attacked by a computer virus called the “Shamoon.” The virus deleted hard drives and after, displayed a picture of a burning American flag on computer screens. The attack was costly to Aramco as they had to shut down their network and destroy over 30,000 computers.

This year, it was reported the cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline in May, in which the company paid the hackers knowns as “DarkSide” $5 million but the U.S FBI managed to recover $2.3 million in cryptocurrency of the money paid.

Saudi Aramco is trading at SR34.90, down 0.29% as of the time of writing this report.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement unmute the video for sound
Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 96 other subscribers

Trending