Seyi Tinubu’s media firm, Loatsad Promomedia has made clarification on their earlier statement of turning off the billboard prior to Lekki toll gate shooting.
The media company owned by the son of popular Lagos politician/APC national leader Bola Ahmed Tinubu, had earlier admitted turning off the billboard lights based on Governor Sanwo-Olu’s “curfew request”.
A statement released by the company read;
“When we started in 2014, we had a plan to change the perception of African start-ups in the global space. We believed as Africans, we could create something great and we set out with a N4m loan from a bank and we started trading, going from door to door begging for work and relentlessly grew the business employing and empowering over 200 Nigerians today directly or indirectly. We have supported many upcoming businesses, artists, people in need as giving back to our community has always been our passion (all this can be verified).
“All of our achievements thus far have come the from hard work, sweat and determination of our work force and everything Loatsad has been doing has been open, all taxes are remitted and payments to agencies and regulatory bodies have been timely, so we can be proud to say we are contributing the growth of the industry and Nation.
“When the “EndSars” and “say no to police brutality” protests started from day one we wholly supported the movement and used all our platforms to promote the messages (I believe the promoters can verify this information) as we believed in the cause.
“On Tuesday when the curfew was announced we heeded the governors warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governors curfew request.
“We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.We believe in this movement and that it was the start of the change our generation needed to move our country forward and we will continue to support the youths of this great nation.”
However after getting called out on social media, the company has now said that it has no control over the street lights and CCTV which were also turned off prior to the shooting that led to the deaths of many and also left others injured.
It said in a rejoinder statement;
Following our earlier post detailing what transpired at the Lekki toll gate yesterday, we would like to address the sensational headlines making the rounds.
Like every other business in Lagos and in compliance with the curfew issued by the Governor, we told our staff to leave all our sites at 3pm in order for them to adhere to the 4pm curfew issued. All news coverage around that period clearly show the billboard was off before 4pm (we will implore this to be verified).
All we operate is the billboard at this location and we have no control over the street lights or cctv.
When we were approached by the organisers of the protest to help them with power, we gave them unfettered use of our generator and ensured our technical staff was physically present to control the board for their use. And when the events were over he will leave at midnight.
On this occasion we were highly concerned about our staff members who live very far from Victoria Island. On no account will we have turned off our board on the same comrades we worked with throughout the entire period the protests were ongoing at the Tollplaza
Our hearts continue to go out to the victims and families of the tragic turn of events that have taken place. we are really heartbroken at the way things turned out and we pray our land is healed by God’s grace.
Imo State Governor says no life was lost during recent military operations in Orlu
The Imo State Governor has stated that no life was lost in the cause of the recent military operations in Orlu.
The Imo State Governor, Senator Hope Uzodimma, has said that no life has been lost in the cause of the recent military operations in Orlu.
This is as the governor, justified the recent invasion of Orlu town by the military, saying that the situation had gone beyond the local arrangement with the police being overwhelmed as sporadic shooting and killings persisted.
This disclosure was made by the Governor, while addressing reporters after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Tuesday, February 24, 2021.
He said that he had no choice but to alert the President on the need to send the military to help stop the mayhem and avoid a total breakdown of law and order in Orlu.
The Governor while addressing the press said, ‘’It was on my invitation that the military came and I did that because I know that the situation was beyond the local arrangement. We needed help and help were given to us. Those that came, through their intelligence, identified where those people were and I can tell you, all the people arrested, all the rifles recovered are intact. The people are under interrogation. Not even one soldier or one of those militants died in the process.’’
What you should know
- It can be recalled that the Imo State Government called for the intervention of the military over the criminal activities being perpetrated by suspected members of the Eastern Security Network.
- They are accused of using weapons stolen from police stations during the #EndSARS crisis to destroy Orlu, kill policemen and 4 Moslems doing their business in Orlu, all under the pretext that they are looking for herdsmen.
— tolu ogunlesi (@toluogunlesi) February 24, 2021
Billiri crisis: Buhari calls for parties to exercise maximum restraint
President Buhari has called for parties involved in the Billiri crisis to exercise maximum restraint to avoid escalation.
President Muhammadu Buhari has expressed great shock over the violence that erupted in the Billiri chieftaincy tussle in Gombe state and has urged that all parties involved should exercise maximum restraint to avoid escalation.
The President disclosed this in a statement posted by Garba Shehu on Sunday evening.
“I’m seriously disturbed by the outbreak of violence in Gombe State and call on the parties involved to exercise maximum restraint to avoid escalation.
“The easy resort to violence is uncalled for because there are enough avenues to resolve differences amicably without threatening law and order,” Buhari said.
The President revealed that in a circle of violence, there would be “no winners except losers,” and advised both Muslims and Christians to avoid the temptation of resorting to violence in order to express their grievances.
“Nigerians have shed enough blood over issues that could have been peacefully resolved. I appeal to the two parties to sheathe their swords for the sake of peaceful coexistence,” the President added.
What you should know
- The Government of Gombe State imposed a 24-hour curfew on the Billiri Local Government Area of the state, following the eruption of violence in the area.
- “What we want to establish is peace so that we can reach out to the people and conclude issues with regard to the appointment of the new Mai Tangale”the State said.
Herder crisis: Not impossible that non-Nigerian elements are involved – Fayemi
Governor Fayemi has stated that non-Nigerian elements could be involved in the Herder-Farmer clashes in Nigeria.
Governor Kayode Fayemi, the Ekiti State Governor has said that it is not impossible that elements that are not Nigerian are involved in the herder clashes with farmers in Nigeria.
Fayemi who is also the Chairman of the Nigerian Governor Forum urged the importance of ensuring that ECOWAS protocols are comprehensively implemented with regards to the crisis.
Governor Fayemi disclosed this in an interview with Channels TV on Sunday evening.
“I believe some people are looking at other perspectives to explain what is going on in many parts of Nigeria.
“There can be no doubt that we have elements from the ISWAP terrorist group that are proliferating all over Nigeria and there is no question that we have the porosity of our borders to deal with,” Fayemi said.
Fayemi said that it is not impossible that non-Nigerian state actors are involved in the crisis and revealed that the FG is working to ensure ECOWAS protocols on freedom of movement are properly implemented.
“It is not impossible that elements that are not Nigerian are involved in this, which was why the NGF and NEC also emphasized the importance of ensuring that ECOWAS protocols are comprehensively implemented with regards to its trans-human protocols and with regards to its protocol on free movements of goods and people across the various countries in the ECOWAS sub-region,” he said.
He revealed that some bandits have been apprehended and that while some are clearly Nigerians, there are also some who are not Nigerians and spoke languages that are not Nigerian.
“What is important is that Nigerians across the country want those apprehended for crimes to be swiftly prosecuted. It is the seeming delay in ensuring access to Justice that contributes to the feeling that some people consider themselves above the law,” Fayemi added.
What you should know
- Recall It was reported that the National Economic Council (NEC) said that State Governments have statutory jurisdiction over forest reserves and will seek federal support for efforts to eradicate forest-based crime.
- The Council added that the National Livestock Transformation Plan, as a comprehensive strategy, will address the farmer-herder conflict.
Follow us on Twitter
STREAM THE FEBRUARY RHAPSODY ONLINE PRAYER CONFERENCE
THE 2021 FEBRUARY GLOBAL RHAPSODY ONLINE PRAYER CONFERENCE
Cardano running on hot steam, bounces above $1 mark
Ethereum whales increase their Ether holdings by 84%
How to register for FG’s N75 billion MSME survival funds
Cardi B accidentally leaks her nude photo amid whirlwind birthday festivities (18+)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
BILLIONAIRE WATCH6 days ago
World’s richest man, Elon Musk says Ethereum and Bitcoin is looking expensive
BILLIONAIRE WATCH6 days ago
Bill Gates says he doesn’t own Bitcoin, remains neutral about crypto asset
Cryptocurrency News6 days ago
Unknown whale transfers $256 million worth of Bitcoin
Coronavirus6 days ago
Russia approves its third Covid-19 vaccine
NEWS6 days ago
BREAKING: Six Feared Dead As Nigerian Air Force Plane Crashes In Abuja
Business5 days ago
Update: Abuja crash: Chief of Air Staff orders immediate investigation, reveals 7 lives were lost
CRYPTOCURRENCY5 days ago
Motley Fool reveals plan to buy $5 million worth of Bitcoin
Coronavirus5 days ago
Health Minister says Nigeria may get COVID-19 vaccines in 10 days