Tron is gaining attention among global investors and crypto traders alike. The 16th most valuable crypto is fast becoming a sort of magnet among crypto holders, as investors cash in on the Ethereum based crypto.
Data retrieved from Whales Alert, an advanced crypto tracker revealed that a large entity moved 306,935,072 TRX (7,808,068 USD) from Poloniex to an unknown wallet.
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) October 6, 2020
At the time this report was drafted, TRON traded at $0.02556661 with a daily trading volume of about $1 billion. TRX price is down by -3.3% in the last 24 hours.
It has a circulating supply of 72 billion coins and a max supply of 101 billion coins.
Quick fact on the Tron project
Justin Sun founded the Tron Foundation in Singapore in 2017, with the aim of creating a protocol that could “decentralize the internet,”and support decentralized applications.
- Beginning on Ethereum, it migrated onto its own blockchain in the following year.
- According to the foundation, the July 2018 purchase of BitTorrent further cemented TRON’s leadership in pursuing a decentralized ecosystem.
- In 2019, Tron and Tether announced a partnership to launch Tether Tron Whale transfers 306 million TRX on the Tron blockchain as a TRC-20 token, the protocol’s equivalent of an ERC-20 designed to improve liquidity on crypto exchanges.
- According to the project’s whitepaper, the network is based on a proof-of-stake system, in which 27 ‘super representatives’ or SRs, produce blocks for the network. A total of 336,384,000 TRX are awarded annually to the SRs.
GTBank, Dangote Cement keep Bulls roaring high
Market breadth closed positive as NASCON led 20 Gainers as against 6 Losers topped by NNFM at the end of today’s session.
Nigerian stock market ended its last trading session on an impressive note. The All Share Index gained 0.47% to close at 28,697.06 points as against +0.40% appreciation recorded on Thursday.
Nigerian Stock Exchange market capitalization now stands at N14.99 Trillion. Its Year-to-Date (YTD) returns currently stands at +6.91%.
- However, the Nigerian bourse trading turnover fell short of expectation as volume moved dipped by 9.11% as against -4.67% downtick recorded on Thursday. ACCESS, GUARANTY, and UBA were the most active to boost market turnover.
- AFRINSURE leads the list of active stocks that recorded an impressive volume spike at the end of today’s session.
- Market breadth closed positive as NASCON led 20 Gainers as against 6 Losers topped by NNFM at the end of today’s session – an improved performance when compared with the previous outlook.
- NASCON up 10.00% to close at N14.3
- PZ up 7.32% to close at N4.4
- ZENITHBANK up 1.69% to close at N21
- GUARANTY up 1.50% to close at N30.45
- DANGCEM up 0.67% to close at N151
- NNFM down 9.89% to close at N4.19
- NPFMCRFBK down 4.29% to close at N1.34
- HONYFLOUR down 4.21% to close at N0.91
- UNIONDAC down 3.70% to close at N0.26
- VITAFOAM down 3.23% to close at N6
Nigerian bourse continued its bullish run amid a shutdown of economic activities at Nigeria’s economic nerve center Lagos and Rivers amid ongoing curfew put in place in order to calm hostilities prevalent in some areas.
- Bulls seem to be rallying high amid soaring crude oil prices, and high buying pressure noticed in some Nigerian blue-chip stocks like Dangote Cement and GTBank.
China bans people selling Crypto
China has placed a ban on entities from issuing Crypto
The world’s second-largest economy, China just recently published a draft law that seems to ban entities from issuing digital cryptos.
This could be the first time the word ‘Crypto’ has appeared in any of China’s formal laws.
The new draft of legal comments cited on Fxstreet, clearly states that no individual or unit can produce or sell tokens to replace CNY in circulation in the market.
The violation of this law will have severe consequences according to the draft which reads:
“For anyone that violates such regulation, the PBoC will halt such activities and forfeit any proceed from the making and selling of yuan-backed digital tokens and issue a fine that is up to five times of the involved proceeds.”
Paypal to offer Cryptos by early 2021
This offering was made possible through a partnership with Paxos Trust Company
PayPal Holdings, Inc. on Tuesday announced it will be providing its users the opportunity to buy, hold and sell cryptos directly from their PayPal account by early next year.
It also hinted at a strategy to significantly boost its crypto’s utility capability by making it readily available as a funding source for purchases at its 26 million clients globally.
In a press statement seen by Themoneymetrics, Dan Schulman, president, and CEO, PayPal, gave key insights on why the global payment company was going crypto; “The shift to digital forms of currencies is inevitable, bringing with it clear advantages in terms of ;
- financial inclusion and access,
- resilience of the payments system
- and the ability for governments to disburse funds to citizens quickly.”
“Our global reach, digital payments expertise, two-sided network, and rigorous security and compliance controls provide us with the opportunity, and the responsibility, to help facilitate the understanding, redemption, and inter-operability of these new instruments of exchange,” he said.
Furthermore, he said, “We are eager to work with central banks and regulators around the world to offer our support and to meaningfully contribute to shaping the role that digital currencies will play in the future of global finance and commerce.”
This offering was made possible through a partnership with Paxos Trust Company, a regulated provider of crypto services and products.
PayPal was also granted a conditional Bitlicense by the New York State Department of Financial Services (NYDFS), In a statement credited to Linda A. Lacewell, superintendent, NYDFS, she said; “NYDFS’ approval today follows our June 2020 announcement for a new framework for a conditional Bitlicense to encourage, promote, and assist interested institutions to have a well-regulated way to access the New York virtual currency marketplace in a way that is both timely and protective of New York consumers, through partnerships with New York authorized virtual currency firms.”
She continued, “NYDFS will continue to encourage and support financial service providers to operate, grow, remain and expand in New York and work with innovators to enable them to germinate and test their ideas, for a dynamic and forward-looking financial services sector, especially as we work to build New York back better in the midst of this pandemic.”
Follow us on Twitter
Arik, Dana Airlines to resume flight operations after curfew
#EndSARS: UK ready to support genuine reform of police in Nigeria – British High Commissioner
COVID-19: WHO warns against Gilead’s remdesivir drug approved by US FDA
Ethereum whales increase their Ether holdings by 84%
A new report from Mexico says banks are used to launder money more than crypto
Report accuses World Bank of ‘toying’ with Nigeria over $1.5 billion loan
Subscribe to Blog via Email
CRYPTOCURRENCY2 days ago
Paypal to offer Cryptos by early 2021
NEWS2 days ago
IGP reportedly orders withdrawal of policemen from VIPs amid #EndSARS protests
Entertainment2 days ago
N6 calls Beyonce a ‘culture vulture’, ‘witch’ and ‘werey’ after her statement on the Lekki toll gate shootings
Coronavirus1 day ago
Covid-19: US FDA grants full approval to remdesivir as first vaccine to treat coronavirus
Coronavirus2 days ago
COVID-19: US to have enough vaccines for vulnerable Americans by end of 2020
NEWS2 days ago
Oke wasn’t killed by stray bullet but stabbed by thugs — Man claiming to be Oke’s brother makes clarification
NEWS2 days ago
Former militant leader, Tompolo makes first public appearance in 4 years after being declared wanted by security agencies
Business4 hours ago
Update: Suspected hoodlums looting Palms Mall, Shoprite in Ilorin