Connect with us

NEWS

EID-EL-KABIR: NSCDC deploys over 2500 in Kaduna

Published

on

Ahead of the Sallah festivities and to ensure the security of lives and properties in Kaduna, the state Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, has deployed over 2,500 comprising officers and men in this year’s Eid-el-Kabir.

DSC Orndiir Terzungwe, the Command Public Relations Officer (CPRO,)said in a statement on Sunday that the deployment which is both covert and overt in nature, extends to all the 23 councils before, during and after the festivity.

He stated that to achieve this, the State Commandant, Godwin Miebi, had earlier directed Divisional Officers through Area Commanders to mobilize all personnel in their formations and brief them on the operational strategies put in place for maximum results.

In the same vein, all heads of departments and units at the headquarters have been mobilised under the operations department, briefed and posted accordingly.

The Commandant explained further, “in the period under consideration, maximum surveillance, foot and vehicular patrols are to be strictly maintained with the view to protecting Critical National Assets and infrastructure from antics of vandals.”

He continued, “operatives attached to Anti-vandal unit, Counter Terrorism Unit, Intelligence department and the recently launched Rapid Response Squad are adequately mobilized and briefed on how to perform intra duties and in synergy with other agencies.”

Residents of the state are required to report suspicious persons and acts which have security threats to the corps or other security agencies, Miebi said.

He explained effective collaboration from members of the public when ensured will address security threats affecting the state, rather than leaving it to only formal security agencies.

While calling on residents of the state to embrace peace and harmony, I felicitate with Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir Ahmed, his Deputy, members of the executive as well and legislature and people of the state.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

NEWS

NEMA records zero accident on roads in S/East in Eld-el-Kabir — Official

Published

on

The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) says it recorded zero accident on roads within South-East during Special Operation Eagle Eyes for the Eid-el-Kabir celebration.

The South-East Coordinator of NEMA, Mr James Eze, disclosed this to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Friday in Enugu after debriefing NEMA’s 25-man staff deployed for the operation.

According to Eze, no accident was recorded on major road corridors within the South-East during the period of the operation.

He said: “Although it was herculean covering the four major road corridors during the Eid-el-Kabir celebration and holidays, however, I must commend the resilience of NEMA staff in the zone.

“We recorded no accident on any of the four major expressways we covered during the operation.

“NEMA staff in collaboration with the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) carried out massive education on good road habits to motorists. Motorists really appreciated it,” he said.

The coordinator also lauded motorists for heeding to the call to minimise speed and accommodating other road users during the Eld-el-Kabir holidays.

“With very few exceptions, most motorists displayed high level of responsibility on the major road corridors covered in the five-day period,’’ he said.

Eze also hailed the collaboration of the Agency and FRSC, adding that it was seamless.

“We look forward to greater working synergy with FRSC, other agencies and commissions that deal with safety and response to emergencies.

“Collaboration is the key in order for agencies and commissions to tap from the strength and best practices of each other,’’ he said.

NAN recalls that the Special Operation Eagle Eyes tagged: “Safe Eid-el-Kabir’’ lasted for five days, from July 18, until July 22.

The major roads covered included: Enugu – Abakaliki Road; Enugu – Awka – Onitsha Road; Enugu – 9th Mile – Nsukka – Obollo-Afor Road and Enugu – Umuahia – Aba – Port-Harcourt Road.

The Federal Government through NEMA staged the operation in collaboration with FRSC to ensure hitch-free flow of traffic and Nigerians getting quick emergency response to issues on the major roads.

(NAN)

Continue Reading

NEWS

Investment in education remains a priority – President Buhari

Published

on

President Muhammadu Buhari has stated that his administration’s priority would be improving the quality of education in the country. 

The President disclosed this on Thursday, in his hometown of Daura, in Katsina State, while receiving the proprietress, principal and students of a private school, Premier Pacesetters School, Daura, at his residence. The President gave assurances that more emphasis will be given to the improvement of education. 

What President Buhari said

“We will allocate an increasing share of resources to improve learning in the country in our effort to reform the educational sector,” he said. 

The President emphasized the importance of character, in addition to learning, urging the students not to lose sight of the aspirations of the country.

The school proprietress, Mrs Celine Friday, commended the special attention given to education by the Buhari administration and urged for federal government assistance to private schools in rural communities. 

In case you missed it

  • In the last few years, there have been several cases of kidnappings of school children in the northern part of the country by Boko Haram terrorists and bandits, giving the Federal Government grave concern on measures to take to protect school children in the region.
  • President Buhari has continued to insist that the Federal Government is working hard to bring an end to the school kidnapping trend in Nigeria and urges the Military and the Police to go after the perpetrators of this crime.
Continue Reading

NEWS

Ransomware: Hackers demand $50 million in Crypto from Saudi Aramco

Published

on

Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest oil firm, has had a data leak in which one terabyte (TB) of the company’s data has been collected by hacks and the hackers are demanding $50 million from Aramco to delete the data, which is now being offered on the dark web for a starting negotiable price of $5 million.

What you should know

Saudi Aramco acknowledged the data leak yesterday according to the Associated Press (AP). They stated that they “recently became aware of the indirect release of a limited amount of company data which was held by third-party contractors.”

The company did not disclose the information of the third-party contractor and they did not confirm whether or not the contractor was hacked or got the information through another source.

“We confirm that the release of data was not due to a breach of our systems, has no impact on our operations and the company continues to maintain a robust cybersecurity posture,” Saudi Aramco added.

The AP also stated that through their investigations and their access to a page on the dark web, they confirm that the amount of data leaked is equivalent to 1 terabyte of data. On the same page, they confirmed that the perpetrators offered Aramco an opportunity to have the data deleted for $50 million in cryptocurrency, while another timer counted down from $5 million, which is likely an effort to pressure the company.

The perpetrators are yet to be unmasked and the Aramco has not shared any other information at this time.

Bottomline

This is not Aramco’s first rodeo with hackers, as the company was a victim of a cyberattack in 2012. The company was attacked by a computer virus called the “Shamoon.” The virus deleted hard drives and after, displayed a picture of a burning American flag on computer screens. The attack was costly to Aramco as they had to shut down their network and destroy over 30,000 computers.

This year, it was reported the cyberattack on Colonial Pipeline in May, in which the company paid the hackers knowns as “DarkSide” $5 million but the U.S FBI managed to recover $2.3 million in cryptocurrency of the money paid.

Saudi Aramco is trading at SR34.90, down 0.29% as of the time of writing this report.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement unmute the video for sound
Advertisement
Advertisement

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 96 other subscribers

Trending