An East European bank Belarusbank, the largest bank in Belarus, has opened crypto services to its clients in the country, offering consumers, options in purchasing and selling cryptos.
In a report credited to PrimePress, such services were made availably by a partnership with Whitebird in offering its bank customers in the Eastern European country and Russia the option to buy and Sell Cryptos, and hope to add such services to more countries to this list as well as expand the list of offered digital assets.
- Belarusbank began offering crypto services on Friday, allowing its clients, buy and sell cryptos via using Visa cards. Furthermore, it has plans to add a total of four fiats for crypto purchases: US dollar, Belarusian ruble, Russian ruble, and euro.
- Belarusbank is a state-owned bank with a 99.95 percent government share in it. The bank was reorganized in 1995 by merging with Sberbank of Belarus.
What you should know: Recall Themoneymetrics a few weeks ago, revealed how well-known U.S proprietary trading firms and venture capital companies are now in the buzz of buying cryptos amid the bullish trend playing out at the world’s fast-changing financial market.
Data retrieved from Messari researcher, Mason Nystrom, showed a top U.S proprietary trading firm, Jump Trading – with expertise in algorithmic and high-frequency trades and 700 employees globally, accumulating six DeFi cryptos quietly.
What this means: The many global economic challenges prevailing around the globe which include the exponential rise of COVID-19, inflation, and the alarming plunge in value for most fiat currencies have made paper money an unreliable store of value
Thus, pushing these elite firms to store their value in a deflationary currency like crypto, which can help them to hedge against inflation and further used to preserve wealth.
You can now pay with Bitcoin for a U.S passport
Peninsula Visa, announced it would be accepting the world’s flagship crypto, Bitcoin as a form of payment for selected passport services
An American based company, Peninsula Visa, that specializes in visa and passport, announced recently it would be accepting the world’s flagship crypto Bitcoin, as a form of payment for selected passport services, via using Coinbase Commerce as the secure processor for these transactions.
Evan James, Chief Operating Officer at Peninsula Visa said, “Never before has anyone been able to pay for a U.S. passport using a digital currency. We’re thrilled to be the first company in the nation offering this alternative payment method to our valued customers.
As we look forward to a post COVID world, one that we believe will be more digital than ever before, offering travelers the ability to pay via Bitcoin feels like the right move at the right time.”
- At the time of filing this report, Bitcoin price traded at $16,328.11 with a daily trading volume of $20,049,300,522.
- BTC price is up 2.1% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 19 Million coins and a max supply of 21 Million coins.
The services further listed by the California based company, Peninsula Visa, for payment through Bitcoin, with additional passport and visa services to be rolled out over the next 12 months are:
- Passport renewal
- Name change
- Second passport
- Second passport renewal
Peninsula Visa — Peninsula Visa was founded in 1975 as a paper airline ticket delivery company in Silicon Valley. Since its start, it has transitioned through the constantly changing landscape of technology and international travel.
World biggest crypto hedge fund: Grayscale Crypto holdings now $9.8 billion
Grayscale’s crypto products show the company now has $9.8 billion in assets under management (AUM).
The world’s leading crypto hedge fund Grayscale is on the grip of reaching a major milestone as its crypto holdings are now worth $9.8 billion.
What we know: New numbers on Grayscale’s crypto products show the company now has $9.8 billion in assets under management (AUM), rapidly approaching the $10 billion mark. Barry Silbert,founder/CEO of Grayscale via his Twitter feed revealed the crypto holding.
- Net Assets Under Management, Holdings per Share, and Market Price per Share for our Investment Products.
- Total AUM: $9.8 billion
- Crypto portfolio include $BTC $BCH $ETH $ETC $ZEN $LTC $XLM $XRP $ZEC
$200 million to go https://t.co/vnQWM2dz2a
— Barry Silbert (@BarrySilbert) November 13, 2020
What this means: The fast-rising crypto hedge fund suite of investment products give institutional investors a simple and safe exposure to Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Litecoin (LTC), Stellar (XLM), Horizon (ZEN), Zcash (ZEC), Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), XRP, Ethereum Classic (ETC).
Recall it was about five months ago, revealed how institutional investors and hedge funds around the world have been rushing to have a stake in crypto assets which all have been outperforming other financial assets in 2020.
A popular hedge fund based in New York –Grayscale Investments –caught the investment world by surprise by buying up Bitcoin (BTC) at a great rate in recent months.
What you need to know about Hedge Funds; They are firms that offer alternative investments to a specific type of investors (high net worth individuals), in a bid to protect their investment portfolios from market uncertainty, while generating positive returns regardless of market sentiments.
Bottom-line: With global economic uncertainty gradually becoming a daily norm, institutional and hedge funds around the world have been rushing to have a stake in crypto assets which all have been outperforming other financial assets in 2020.
Wealthy Crypto entity moves over $100 million worth of Bitcoin
Someone moved 7,002 BTC valued at (112,904,407 USD) from an unknown wallet to unknown wallet.
Wealthy crypto players seem to be at their game in Q4, 2020, as regards moving Bitcoin.
Data retrieved from the advanced crypto tracker, Whale Alert, revealed someone moved 7,002 BTC valued at (112,904,407 USD) from Unknown wallet to Unknown wallet.
- At the time of drafting this report, Bitcoin was trading slightly above $16,000, with daily trading volume pegged at $18,472,207,777.
- BTC price is up 0.3% in the last 24 hours. It has a circulating supply of 19 Million coins and a max supply of 21 Million coins.
What this means
Crypto investors are going long, stashing their digital gold at record levels, as the crypto market is awash with cheap money coming from stimulus packages from global central banks.
What you should know
Our source some months ago, reported that 47% of BTC holders were Bitcoin (BTC) whales. As the COVID-19 pandemic resurgence disrupted the global financial market – coupled with the recent weakening of the American dollar, the number of whales has been increasing at a steady pace after Bitcoin’s recent halving.
- While it is difficult to predict market movements, BTC whales have shown historically that they often determine the BTC trend.
- At the BTC market, investors or traders who own large amounts of BTCs are typically known as Bitcoin whales.
- This means that a BTC whale could be an individual or business entity (with a single Bitcoin address) owning around 1000 Bitcoins or more.